Porous Metal Filters
GKN’s porous metal solutions excel in a wide variety of demanding applications where other common filter products do not perform sufficiently. We offer the complete range of functional porosity products to complete customer requirements.
Advanced filtration solutions for demanding applications
- Innovative customized designs
- State-of-the-art porous elements
- Service from Engineering up to aftermarket support
Higher productivity with advanced filter media
A chemical manufacturer looked to increase the output of a product line without exchanging the complete filtration system due to cost issues.
GKN engineering recommended the SIKA-R 3 AS metallic membrane to solve the challenge. Compared to conventional filter media, the AS membrane delivers a 20 percent higher flow rate and higher output of the filtration system.
With customized design, cartridges are used as a retrofit in almost any filter vessel. The customer increased productivity while maintaining the existing filter system. This saved the additional costs of vessels, tubesheets, and valves that would have made the project over budget. The SIKA-R 3 AS metallic membrane enabled a quick return of investment for our customer.
Fluidization is a process where solid particles are blown upward with gas, often through a porous metal media with sufficient force, to cause the particles to rise and move inside the container.Find out more
Porous metal filter materials
GKN SIKA brand products are available in a range of materials. Tailoring design requirements to individual process requirements is easy with the powder metal solution.
Available materials: Stainless Steel (standard 316L), Hastelloy, Inconel, Monel, Bronze, Titanium, and special alloys on request.
- Shape stability by self-supporting structure
- Suitable for high differential pressures
- Thermal stability up to 950°C
- High corrosion resistance
- High permeability and low Dp
- Defined filtration by exact pore size distribution
- Filters can be back flushed and cleaned easily
- Welding and machining are possible