GKN's unique experience in the design, manufacture and service of propshafts has been fully exploited to produce high performance MotorSport shafts.
- Use of aluminium and titanium instead of steel reduces weight
- Sophisticated diaphragm centre bearings and specialised torsional couplings minimalise the transmission of vibration
- Universal joints upgraded with special close tolerance bearing designs, combined with advanced thrust bearings and multi-lip seals
- More choice to the car designer: allows smaller joints to be used for track racing
- Permit of higher speeds and more power without weight penalties at rally and endurance events
- High-speed GKN constant velocity joints developed to overcome higher installation angles.